Thursday, October 16, 2008

Springboards

We all have...current relationships and responsibilities we can too easily take for granted. If we're wise, we'll see our duties not as unimportant ways to bide our time, but as springboards, launching us into God's plan and purpose for our future.
~ Joshua Harris

I just found this quote to be such an inspiration. Not like we all haven't heard some version of it before, but if we are anything like the Israelites wandering in the desert (and who isn't to some degree?)then we could all use a little reminding. God put you where you are and with who you are with for HIS glory, plan and purpose. And because our God is loving and merciful, his plan and purpose is always ultimately for our good too. I know it is difficult to be grateful for laundry, vacuuming, disciplining my children, or disagreeing with my husband; so this quote was a wonderful reminder to me to not take those things for granted. After all, in a crazy roundabout way I got to be a stay at home mom (which I am LOVING), we have nice clothes that, eventually, need to be laundered (how many people do not have much clothing), a comfortable home to clean, healthy children to train up, and an unbelievably supportive, kind, caring, and HOT husband who I occasionally disagree with. These are things not just to be grateful for but to be treated as the sacredly spiritual relationships and responsibilities that they truly are.

No comments: