Tuesday, October 7, 2008

First Day of Preschool, Take 2












Scott and I decided Olivia really should go to Preschool. She absolutely loved school and we felt horrible for having to pull her. We asked her if she would want to go to school at Coopersville where her cousins go, Parker and Marianne. She said "yes, but I want to go to my own class." We couldn't believe her independence! Well, it turns out her "own class" actually fits in better with our schedule. She goes to Preschool on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, story hour at the library on Wednesday mornings (sometimes PJ story hour on Tuesday nights), and literacy playgroup once a month on Mondays. "I'm a busy girl!" she says. And so big too. This was her first day of Preschool at Coopersville and she was so excited to go! (Note the huge smile on her face in the picture right outside her classroom.) When it came time for me to leave she held on tight and didn't want me to go (how long will that last?), but no tears. I must say those 2 hours seemed to take forever! I was so worried about her. Ethan and I have to figure out what to do with ourselves without Evie around for four hours a week. I think Ethan will surely enjoy the undivided attention. So when we picked Olivia up we waited outside the room a little early and watched her from the window - I love that window. She saw us and her entire face lit up! She kept waving to us and grinning from ear to ear. Ethan could barely stand waiting to go in and see her. Overall, she had a good day. They went to the gym, glued five fancy feathers on the letter F, had snack and played. Oh, and the side ponytail is her new favorite way to wear her hair. She saw it on a girl in one of the oldest Barney tapes ever, probably from the late eighties. Gotta love her!

1 comment:

Angelam9674 said...

I love it! And the side-pony is a personal fave of mine too! :)