Saturday, September 6, 2008

First Day of School

While I had meetings the week before school started, Olivia and Ethan went to childcare for the first time ever. They actually were there for full days, which is not the case when I work. So, needless to say, Scott and I were concerned about how they would handle all of these changes in their lives. Turns out they both loved it! They go to an in home child care. Sue, the provider, only takes care of teachers' children from St. Anthony and Holy Spirit. It's so ideal. Actually, over the years we have been extremely blessed in the child care department. So here they are, so excited, ready to leave for their first day of child care...












I can not believe my baby girl is in school! Olivia was so excited the first day and absolutely loved going to school. At first she stuck right by my side as I set up the classroom and when the kids starting coming in, eventually she relaxed and really enjoyed herself. I just love looking out at the kids and seeing her sweet face smiling back at me. She even raised her hand several times and answered questions, quite a surprise from our shy little one. I also completely enjoy hearing her conversations with kids and watching her on the playground, during which, shockingly, she was no where near me. She is growing up so fast. I am forever grateful for the golden opportunity of being her Preschool teacher. Here are pictures from her first day - at home, in front of school, in the classroom - and on her second day of school. Obsessive, I know.













And of course Buddy wanted to pose too.

2 comments:

Angelam9674 said...

Awwww! LOVE these. :)

Mrs. V said...

Looks like the beginning of the school year is off to a great start! These pictures are very cute!

love,
Amie