Monday, August 4, 2008

You are the words, I am the tune...

Friday night Scott and I had the fantastic opportunity to see Neil Diamond (for the 2nd time) for FREE! After all of the these years (he's like 67), the man still has it. The stage is completely dark - black - then one spotlight goes to him, standing there with acoustic guitar. I tell you there is nothing like a Neil Diamond concert. There were people there from 2 years old to 80. It is such a joyful atmosphere, you get this perma-grin watching him and listening to him. Although, I have to admit that several times I had to swallow hard to keep the tears from flowing because a lot of the songs were ones that I remember my mom singing to ("Love on the Rocks", "Play Me", "Blue Jeans Forever", "You Don't Bring Me Flowers Anymore", "I Am...I Said"). She sure did love music. But the rest of the time sheer fun and perma-grin! I almost think any ticket is worth it's price just to sing "Sweet Caroline" with 10,000+ people (Sweet Caroline BA,BA,BA Good times never seem so good SO GOOD! SO GOOD! SO GOOD! I've been inclined...) Are you smiling yet? So fun!! (I just love that scene in Beautiful Girls but it is 100 times better in concert!) Did you know he wrote that song in one hour?! And he is truly one of the greatest storytellers of our time. I just love listening to his childhood stories. Neil Diamond rocks!

1 comment:

Angelam9674 said...

I totally agree - I have been to so so so many concerts, and NOTHING compares to seeing Neil Diamond in concert!! You guys are lucky to have gotten to see him twice for sure! I was with you guys when I saw him! :) I'm glad you got to experience it again.