Monday, August 11, 2008

Summerfest & More

Well August is half way over and we have been very busy! Last week was Coopersville's Summerfest (or Harvest Fest for any old time farmers reading this) and on Thursday we had a garage sale, along with 3/4 of our community. Anyone who has had a garage sale knows how much time and energy go into organizing and preparing for the actual day. I sure was dreading it, I mean what was I going to do with Olivia and Ethan and all of these people in our yard...then an angel appeared out of the morning mist and scooped up my kids and was gone for the morning! Elly, I can't thank you enough! It was so wonderful (and brave) of Elly to come and take my kids with her 3 boys to the festivities downtown. They came back talking about tractor rides and the park and carrying a bag full of candy. What a great time! While they were gone I was selling like crazy and we ended up making in one day more than Scott or I hoped to make in two! So we had our one day sale then loaded what was left in the truck and headed for Goodwill. I am so glad that is over...

Olivia and Ethan earned some money from the sale and so I took them garage saling the next day so that they could experience spending their own money for the first time! You're never too young to learn. They were so adorable with their little bags of quarters! And conservative too! They never bought anything until about the 5th sale! I was very proud of them - they even had money left over!

Saturday night we went to the wedding of Phil Klein and Jessica Homrich. We all know the Kleins are, shall we say, a little wild and it turns out so is Jes' family! Here we go now, Here we go now...Let me clear my throat... That made for one of the funnest receptions we have ever been to! The food was excellent (Noto's) and the entertainment, I mean speeches, were hilarious. Scott and I also appreciated having the best table we've ever had at a wedding reception. I could kick myself for not bringing the camera, but I'm sure someone out there has some incriminating photos. We have never been to a reception (actually I don't think anyone has) where the groom had the mic so much! I think even the DJs were impressed with Phil's rendition of "The Humpty Dance"! It was great to see everyone and catch up, especially since no one knows when the next wedding will be...Mark???

Sunday, after church, we spent a couple hours at my dad's house for brunch. Trying to get a picture of the grandkids that were there was crazy...





I just love this picture of my dad and Ethan!

And then some of the crew went on a lion hunt...

Sunday afternoon was spent napping. Ahhhhh...


I can feel the pace of life quickening. Fall and school are fast approaching and with it a whole new schedule for our family. We are looking forward to the new adventure we are about to embark on.

No comments: