Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Spring is lingering

While there is something to love about each season, spring is especially magical. Rebirth, growth, blooms, fresh colors and scents engaging all of our senses. In years past it usually felt to me that spring flew by so quickly, but this year spring seems to be lingering a bit longer - and we are loving it!

Mother's Day was bittersweet for me. Of course I am blessed beyond measure with two healthy, kind, loving, smart children, but I miss my mom and having her in heaven and not here is selfishly hard on me. I was greeted in the morning with breakfast in bed and the newspaper. The kids came rushing in with hugs and cards. We invited Nana to come to church with us and after that we went to the mall and ate at Panera Bread. The kids rode the carousel and had a great time looking at the Disney store and Barnes and Noble. My favorite part of the day was when Ethan and I were goofing around and he spontaneously said to me "You're my best friend." I just teared right up. I am not delusional in any way and know that he probably has no idea what that means but I am going to hold on to that moment for as long as I can. Bless his little heart.















I made a morning jobs chart for the kids and they are liking it so much! They love putting on the stickers. It helps me out because I just say "how are your jobs coming along?" instead of asking repeatedly "did you do this, did you do that?" This way they take action and responsibility for getting their tasks done in the morning. Look at how happy they were at the end of week 1!












Recently we celebrated my nephew Jarek's 4th birthday. He is such a mini-Craig! They look so much alike and act so much alike.















I also visited Scott's sister Ashley's baby girl, Violet Sophia. She is such a precious little peanut. So tiny. Can't get over that beautiful dark hair.
















Here are a few more pictures of the kids rolling on the ground laughing (one of my favorite things to listen to), wearing their gorilla masks they made at Storytime, and on a trampoline at a friend's house. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Angelam9674 said...

I love the pic of you and Olivia on the carosel!