Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christmas Parade

Last night we went to the Coopersville Christmas Parade. Everyone got bundled up in their snowsuits, hats, scarves, gloves, mittens, and boots and walked downtown. Ethan and Olivia had so much fun "skating" in the street on the way there. Ethan, our little daredevil, kept running and saying he was "skate boarding." First we stopped off at the Farm Museum to see the gingerbread houses on display. I went to school with Olivia the other day and helped her put her house together. It looks really great! Then we headed straight for the reindeer! Olivia was a little apprehensive and I couldn't blame her, how often do you see real reindeer?! I really wish I had brought my camera because Ethan just adored them! He really couldn't get enough of petting them and letting them smell his mittens. That child truly has a bleeding heart for animals. While waiting for the parade to start Ethan and Olivia had a riot rolling around in the snow. Scott and I just stood there laughing at them! They acted as if the piles of snow were a big bubble bath. I must say, winter weather is so much more fun with children!

2 comments:

Liza said...

I couldn't agree more about the winter being more fun with kiddos. I love all the seasons with kids. The mud is better in spring, the sun is sunnier, and the leaves almost seem worth raking into big piles for them to jump into! So glad you are enjoying these stages so well. Sounds like Carter and Ethan would get along fabulously! Ella and Olivia could talk princesses for days...as for Christian he'd watch all of it going on very contently. Miss you and so glad you keep this blog updated so I can keep up to date with your family. Many blessings.

Angelam9674 said...

Awww FUN!