Thursday, September 23, 2010

First Days of School

I love September. I love the beginnning of fall, well, all parts of fall actually. I love seeing school buses drive by and stacks of notebooks at the local grocer. I love how a gusty wind can prematurely blow leaves from their branches leaving them scattered in the road and lawn. I love seeing pumpkins on doorsteps, albeit a little early. Midwest living at it's absolute finest. However, this year September brings new feelings as both of my children head to school - Olivia all day in 1st grade and Ethan to Preschool for a few hours a week. These new feelings range from excitement to what this year will hold for them and all they are destined to learn and experience, sadness as I face my first pangs of loneliness without them (it has been 6 years since I have not had a child at my side), and just a hint of gratitude for my few hours of independence.











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CAN FEEL IT UP HER NOW,BE A REAL PLEASURE.