Friday, July 2, 2010

Dance Rehearsal and Finale

Olivia started dance at Diane's School of Dance in Fruitport in January. The theme was Planes, Trains, and Automobiles: We're on the Move. The dancers have been practicing their routine for the production for months. Olivia's class performed to a song called "Chickens on a Plane." Their outfits were adorable! Here are some pics from one of the rehearsal days...





Scott and I were so nervous for her on the night of the big show. We were nervous because all the dancers have to wait backstage for the entire show (2 and a half hours)and it just seemed like a long time. Olivia brought coloring books, ponies, and snacks to keep her busy. Thankfully, her class was 2nd to perform so she could relax a bit after that. Scott and I both had tears in our eyes the minute we saw her skip onto stage. Her class' performance was absolutely precious and hilarious!! Worth every penny. I will never forget it as long as I live.

Waiting backstage(I have to note that she wanted nothing at all to do with the make-up they were required to wear but I managed to get a little blush and gloss on her - I didn't want to get yelled at by Miss Diane...hehehe)...



Okay, these next pictures are not good at all because for one thing I was shaking, one moment from trying to hold back my tears and the next from laughing, and I didn't know we could take pics during the performance so I didn't have my zoom lens with me!



That's Olivia's teacher, Miss Lauren, second from the right.


And here they come...(my heart was pounding so fast!)


This little girl to Olivia's left got mixed up and couldn't find her spot. Olivia is in the correct spot and wasn't moving for anything (she follows directions like nobody's business). Olivia is used to standing in her spot and looking at Cici (the little blonde to the left also). Olivia isn't a "go with the flow" kind of girl so this threw her off a bit. Poor Sydney (the girl who couldn't find her spot) she spent about 90% of the time trying to find it! The sad thing is she was one of the best dancers, one who really knew the routine!








Taking a final bow...


And tired and ready to go home (we didn't even take pics with her fans...us, Ethan, Nana, Papa and Grammy)...

No comments: