Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Olivia's First Day of Kindergarten!

















Well, my baby girl started Kindergarten today. She did amazingly well, seemed a bit nervous as we were heading out the door but more excited than anything else. The backpack she chose was one that had "most of the Princesses." She stood in line with the other kids looking quite unsure about what to do. I wanted to hug her and kiss her and hug her again. She waved goodbye halfheartedly as the kids filtered into the building. There were no tears (from her, I had my fair share after getting into the car) no clinging, just off she went - getting a little confused in the hallway I might add because the line got disconnected and the boy in front of her started going into the wrong room. Was this the same little girl that had to be pulled off of me several times at Preschool? Some parents, me included, peeked into the room and snapped a picture, not that you can see her well in the picture. It was funny because as we pulled in the driveway after dropping her off Ethan said, "Evie's not here, she's at school" and when we used to drop her off to Preschool and go back home he would say, "Where's Evie?" I guess they are both growing up. Ethan and I also saw the class going out to recess as we were arriving to pick her up. We all went to McDonald's for dinner to celebrate Olivia's first day of Kindergarten. We love our little Kindergartner!


















A little disheveled after her first morning at Kindergarten...

1 comment:

Angelam9674 said...

I love the before and after pictures. :) YAY!! I'm glad her first day went well. xoxo