Saturday, April 11, 2009

Questions and Prayers

Yesterday we went to get gas before heading to Parker's house. Olivia asked, "why do we need gas?" Oh boy, I tried in the simplest way possible to explain supply and demand. Her questioned continued, "what happens if we don't buy gas?" She sure is a smart one! I love her inquisitive mind, but the questions are getting harder the older she gets.

While at Parker's the kids played on the wood piles, in the sand pit, and in a bit of mud. They had a blast.

























Last night Ethan said the most adorable night-night prayer:
"Dear God, Thank you for the Easter parade (?), thank you for making the eggs, thank you for the eggs, and thank you." So cute.

And then, of course, there is a bunch of noise and talking going on instead of sleep. So I am about to walk into their room when I overhear this exchange:
Ethan is getting out of bed, which he is not supposed to be doing, and asks "Is God watching me again?"
Olivia: "Yes, God is always watching you."
Ethan: "Well where is He?"
Olivia: "You can't see Him but He is still watching you."
Ethan: "No, I want to see Him."

What great kids we have!

1 comment:

Angelam9674 said...

OH MY GOSH! I love their little nighttime conversation!! That brought a huge smile to my face. :)