Thursday, January 1, 2009

Margaret Rose













While others spend this time of year contemplating New Year's resolutions, planning their future year endeavors, and adding to their to do lists I will now and always take this time of year to relish the memories of times gone by with my mom. It was last year on New Year's Eve (December 31, 2007)morning that I woke to frenzied phone messages and the returned calls telling me the heart breaking news that my mom had died earlier in the morning of a stroke. It still doesn't seem like it is real, and yet I fear forgetting...her voice, her laugh, moments in time... Watching videos or that beautiful montage of photos set to the theme song from "Somewhere in Time" (my mom's favorite) that my dear friend Amie made I am not able to do yet, so I play the moments back in my mind and heart. In order not to forget, I will remember.

"Let this New Year be the beginning of a new life in each of us...Let all blessed old things stay, but let the clutter of our heads and hearts be removed, that new inspirations and new affections may come in and gladden our lives."
~ Chester Burge Emerson


So happy new year, new inspirations and new affections to you all!

2 comments:

Angelam9674 said...

I'm sending you big hugs today. Or, as Ethan might say: *mmm mmmmm*

Mrs. V said...

I have been thinking of you and praying for you this holiday. Your mom was beautiful, just like you! I am thankful you tenderly shared your family with me by allowing me to make that slideshow. Thank you Margo! I am here for you. Give me a call anytime.

love and hugs!
Amie